The air is crisp, the leaves are changing – it’s a perfect time to turn your oven on and bake some healthy and delicious pumpkin muffins. Recipe source: wellplated.com
Yield: 12 muffins
Nutrition information (per muffin): 147 calories, 27 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams fat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons, rolled oats (plus additional for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-inch standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, and Greek yogurt. Once blended, whisk in the egg and vanilla. Make sure the ingredients are smooth and well blended. Whisk in the pumpkin purée.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice over the top. Whisk or use a rubber spatula to stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour and oats over the top, then with a rubber spatula, gently incorporate, just until the flour disappears.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing it evenly. The cups will be very full. If desired, sprinkle on a few oats on top for decoration.
- Bake for 24 to 29 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then with a butter knife, gently loosen the muffins and transfer them to the rack to finishing cooling. The muffins will be very delicate while still warm but will firm up more as they cool.
Community Nurse Home Care is here for you.
Community Nurse Home Care is a nonprofit, independent home care agency providing visiting nurses, therapies, hospice, private care, and wellness services to southeastern Massachusetts since 1916. Our mission is to bring compassionate healthcare services home. The patient’s health care needs are met through personalized care within the privacy of wherever they call home. If you are interested in learning more about any of the services we provide at Community Nurse Home Care, give us a call at 508-992-6278 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.