Stocks/Securities & Mutual Funds


Giving securities or mutual funds to Community Nurse Home Care not only helps our mission to bring compassionate care to the homes of our patients but it can have significant financial advantages for you.


A gift of securities

Donating securities is one of the most tax-efficient ways to support Community Nurse Home care. You can do this by contacting your broker and transferring stocks/securities from a brokerage account to CNHC’s account.

The benefits of donating securities:

  • You may be able to take a tax deduction for the full, fair market value for securities that have increased in value.
  • You pay no capital gains tax on any appreciated assets you contribute.
  • You have a significant impact with your gift to Community Nurse Home Care.


Transferring securities from a brokerage account

Ask your broker to transfer them to CNHC’s account at Charles Schwab and Co., Inc. The broker will need the following information:

Charles Schwab and Co., Inc., DTC #0164 Code 40
Credit Community Nurse Home Care
Account # 5990-7976


Sending stock or bond certificates

If your stocks or bonds are in certificate form, please send them (with a note about gifting) — unendorsed — to:

To: Charles Schwab and Co., Inc.

DTC #: 0164 Code 40

Account #: 5990-7976

Account Name: Community Nurse Home Care, Inc.


A gift of mutual funds

Mutual funds let you make a gift that can be invested, allowed to grow tax-free over time and then distributed to Community Nurse Home Care on a timetable of your choosing.

What are the benefits of donating mutual funds?

  • You receive an immediate tax deduction of up to 50% of adjusted gross income for cash contributions and up to 30% for gifts of securities.
  • You may be able to avoid capital gains tax (when donating long-term appreciated securities).
  • You have the satisfaction of making a gift that benefits you now and CNHC later.


If you decide to use any of these methods, please be sure to contact Stasia Powers, Community Engagement & Development Director at (508) 992-6278,